Cartoon Rendering Pack is a customizable material asset pack to help UE4 users easily make quality cartoon character outlook as in Naruto Ultimate and Guilty Gear Xrd.
The cel shading materials are designed as surface materials so that they can be independently applied to different objects. By doing so, users can freely mix different styles in a scene. For example, as in many Japanese animations, while cel shading is applied on characters, other objects such as buildings, trees, hairs, and weapons may have different (usually more realistic) rendering styles. We believe this kind of style-mixing might be hardly achieved by post-processing approaches like the UE4’s official cartoon tutorial. To provide easy control of wide variety cartoon appearance, our materials support interactive controls of border location between bright/dark cels, cel brightness, smoothness of cel boundary, line thickness/threshold/color, etc. The materials also support many standard maps including normal, specular, gloss, and AO maps.
Our line drawing material is designed to better detect important lines by using more information than depth discontinuity. It also automatically controls the lines to better preserve character appearance when depth changes.
- Key Features
- Pack Structure
- Getting Started: Creating your first cartoon scene!
- Getting Started: Modifying Body Cel Shading
- Getting Started: Modifying Hair Cel Shading
- Getting Started: Modifying parameters of PP line material
- Controlling Lights in Cel Shading
- Deciding Appropriate Line Implementation
- Reproducing The Mixamo Demo Scene (v1 Teaser)
- Version History